Brawl @ Applebees? Union - Graham

T8KNDookeez

1 minute ago, Liam McPoyle said:

A brawl at Applebee's? There's not a Waffle House in Bluefield?

A brawl at Applebee's in Bluefield, VA?  It was probably Union and Graham fans getting together and fighting with the Applebee's cooks.  Sorry Graham fans, but you have a first class shi*hole for an Applebee's up that way.  I'm serious about this, it's the most God awful Applebee's (hands down, by a lot) that I've ever been to.  

7 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

A brawl at Applebee's in Bluefield, VA?  It was probably Union and Graham fans getting together and fighting with the Applebee's cooks.  Sorry Graham fans, but you have a first class shi*hole for an Applebee's up that way.  I'm serious about this, it's the most God awful Applebee's (hands down, by a lot) that I've ever been to.  

The thing I love most about this community is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING gets more heated than food conversations. Everyone pulls for their team, and 99% of the time it's extremely respectful. But by god bring up food, buckle up Buttercup....

1 minute ago, chipinbogey said:

The thing I love most about this community is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING gets more heated than food conversations. Everyone pulls for their team, and 99% of the time it's extremely respectful. But by god bring up food, buckle up Buttercup....

I love Applebees and Chile's.  Those two are my favorites and whenver I travel, it's one of those two.  I've probably ate at 20 different Applebee's over the last 20 years.  My wife love's it.  I've experiened perhaps 18 excellents and 1 pretty good and then there was the one in Bluefield.  The food was so bad, cold, poor service, the drink with very little ice and even the coke tasted off.  It was so bad that for a minute, my wife and I thought this might be a practical joke, and that the restaurant was setting us up for some kind of study or something, and surely would give us a 100 dollar gift card or free food for a period of time or something like that.  But no, it was no joke.  It was the real deal.  I'm amazed that place is still open.  I just can't imagine many locals going there other than for drinks.  

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Food might be awful but the beer has always been cold lol. 

At least they don’t have the worst McDonalds. Clintwood wins that award by a country mile.

I love Applebees and Chile's.  Those two are my favorites and whenver I travel, it's one of those two.  I've probably ate at 20 different Applebee's over the last 20 years.  My wife love's it.  I've experiened perhaps 18 excellents and 1 pretty good and then there was the one in Bluefield.  The food was so bad, cold, poor service, the drink with very little ice and even the coke tasted off.  It was so bad that for a minute, my wife and I thought this might be a practical joke, and that the restaurant was setting us up for some kind of study or something, and surely would give us a 100 dollar gift card or free food for a period of time or something like that.  But no, it was no joke.  It was the real deal.  I'm amazed that place is still open.  I just can't imagine many locals going there other than for drinks.  

Ate there one time many years ago and the only time the server smiled was when he handed me the check.  Worst food I ever ate in an Applebees, and the price seemed super high so I guess they saw me coming. LOL!

I understand that at Applebee's there aren't gonna be a lot of surprises but why eat there? Where's your lust for life and sense of adventure? Go to some Mom and Pop restaurant and see what happens!  Sometimes its great, sometimes its not but ill take some 3s with my 10s, over all 5s 

8 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I understand that at Applebee's there aren't gonna be a lot of surprises but why eat there? Where's your lust for life and sense of adventure? Go to some Mom and Pop restaurant and see what happens!  Sometimes its great, sometimes its not but ill take some 3s with my 10s, over all 5s 

Are we talking about the waitresses or the food??

Support locally owned businesses!!!!!  The food and service are always better and your patronage is much more appreciated. Some of the best memories my family has are the random mom and pop places we've eaten on Friday nights.

• Edelweiss (near Riverheads). Not SWVA but the place was outstanding and the people may have been better!
  • Wooden Pickle (Marion)
  • Moon Dog (Wytheville)
  • The Mason Jar (Hillsville)
  • Bonefire Smokehouse (Abingdon)
  • Chip & Jo's (Salem)
  • Toasters Deli (Hillsville)

4 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Support locally owned businesses!!!!!  The food and service are always better and your patronage is much more appreciated. Some of the best memories my family has are the random mom and pop places we've eaten on Friday nights.

• Edelweiss (near Riverheads). Not SWVA but the place was outstanding and the people may have been better!
  • Wooden Pickle (Marion)
  • Moon Dog (Wytheville)
  • The Mason Jar (Hillsville)
  • Bonefire Smokehouse (Abingdon)
  • Chip & Jo's (Salem)
  • Toasters Deli (Hillsville)

Where is chip & Jo's in Salem? Never heard of it