Important…

GMan

4 minutes ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

It’s Happy Valley’s fault y’all! They’re trouble!

In all seriousness, this is a good board. 

Just now, BlueDevilVolMan said:

And Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett too! Haha

Hey now... don't be talking bout my Indians... there you go making it personal now... Lol

Oh wait, I just remembered that Unicoi lady getting mad at me down at the Sullivan East basketball tournament a couple of years ago because I made fun of their girls coach for tossing the clipboard out on the court.  Is that you lady?

As for the Hill they only have fans when it's D-B week.

11 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hey now... don't be talking bout my Indians... there you go making it personal now... Lol

Oh wait, I just remembered that Unicoi lady getting mad at me down at the Sullivan East basketball tournament a couple of years ago because I made fun of their girls coach for tossing the clipboard out on the court.  Is that you lady?

As for the Hill they only have fans when it's D-B week.

Not a lady dude lol

Been on here a couple of years. I came over from the Va Preps board. I enjoy it here but they are some real smart asses on here that need a lesson in humility. Giving some one a good old fashion ribbing and hard time over their team is what makes it fun but some just take it too far. Like stating that a poster is just butthurt because he has a kid on the team etc etc. and you go back and look at a majority of their posts and it like that.  Need to end as that is why Va prep site has died because of A holes . 

14 years I have been a member and I have never seen anything like I've seen on here lately. This board was my go to back in the day when I lived in Carlisle PA  because I was able to still keep up with all the football in good ole SWVA. GMan can't say I would blame you for doing it but I hope it doesn't come to that. No matter what is chosen to be done though thanks for all of these years of having us a place to talk and discuss SWVA sports.

24 minutes ago, Topper22 said:

Been on here a couple of years. I came over from the Va Preps board. I enjoy it here but they are some real smart asses on here that need a lesson in humility. Giving some one a good old fashion ribbing and hard time over their team is what makes it fun but some just take it too far. Like stating that a poster is just butthurt because he has a kid on the team etc etc. and you go back and look at a majority of their posts and it like that.  Need to end as that is why Va prep site has died because of A holes . 

Agree 100% on the first part

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is 2022. It's ok if you identify that way now. 😂

This is the type of stuff that will get you taken out...don't know who Jason is, but he might not be around much longer...

I'm a regular on a golf message board for sickos like myself. That doesn't mean anything to any of you, I'm sure. But there are a lot of similarities in how member interaction became a problem to the point of nearly shutting the site down. The owners of that particular site implemented a paywall about two years ago. It's no longer free to post or even read any content on the message board. It's amazing how quickly things became civil and downright pleasant. The paywall keeps the trolls away. Those who pay for the privilege have skin in the game and police the board themselves. Very few will pay money to troll when they can go to any number of sites to troll for free.

The paywall frustrated me at first but I've come to have great respect for the decision. I gladly pay the yearly fee to be a part of the community. Groups all over the country get together several times a year to play golf and fellowship. Back in late July, 54 of us met at The River Course at VT for a charity golf event to raise money for Special Olympics of SWVA. We raised $65,000 with the help of donations from members of the board from all over the world. 

Maybe a paywall is what we need here!?!?!

12 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I'm a regular on a golf message board for sickos like myself. That doesn't mean anything to any of you, I'm sure. But there are a lot of similarities in how member interaction became a problem to the point of nearly shutting the site down. The owners of that particular site implemented a paywall about two years ago. It's no longer free to post or even read any content on the message board. It's amazing how quickly things became civil and downright pleasant. The paywall keeps the trolls away. Those who pay for the privilege have skin in the game and police the board themselves. Very few will pay money to troll when they can go to any number of sites to troll for free.

The paywall frustrated me at first but I've come to have great respect for the decision. I gladly pay the yearly fee to be a part of the community. Groups all over the country get together several times a year to play golf and fellowship. Back in late July, 54 of us met at The River Course at VT for a charity golf event to raise money for Special Olympics of SWVA. We raised $65,000 with the help of donations from members of the board from all over the world. 

Or a tackle football game for all interested members 🤣 We'd have plenty of coaches

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

That is great for those who are not on a fixed income and have disposable income for something of that nature. For someone like me for example on fixed income living to far as to no be able to go to Graham games. to have to pay for this would be out of range for me. I cannot afford the online paper. Maybe it sounds nice to you but to me no.need to boot trouble makers .

Okay I think this is a great opportunity to show us what you expect and how you would like the board to behave. Why was what Jason said such a bad post? 

I understand it's not exactly politically correct and that kind of stuff can get tricky but it seemed the post was very flippant and had no ill intent. 

I'm not trolling or picking a fight at all, being completely sincere. I'm one of the more liberal guys on here and I didn't find the post to be that bad, esp since Jason isn't a known troublemaker. I'm just curious as to why it was such a bad decision to post that.

Man. I get that you have expectations for how we behave on your board. Totally get it. 

But Jason was trying to lighten the mood. Others and I were joking that it’s all this school’s fault and that school’s fault. Just lightening the mood. One said to me “Hey you’re not that lady from Unicoi County that threw a clipboard?” And I said “I’m not a lady dude lol.”

Jason was having a bit of fun. No ill intent on any of our parts. 

I guess your board, your rules. 

I know who Jason is. Let me tell you this, I I will leave it alone because I still have PTSD over this guy. He wears overhauls. He's a big dude. I went camping one year in Pennsylvania at this awesome little teenage summer camp called Crystal Lake. It's a cool place, but a little creepy. Turns out, Jason was there, and he came after a me and my friends with a machete and successfully killed some of them. His own mother supported him with the crimes!!! They never caught the dude and years later, I'm working in Manhattan, NYC, and low and behold, guess who shows up? Yep, Jason. He had made it up to Manhattan! This is a dangerous individual and true story folks, very true!

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I know who Jason is. Let me tell you this, I I will leave it alone because I still have PTSD over this guy. He wears overhauls. He's a big dude. I went camping one year in Pennsylvania at this awesome little teenage summer camp called Crystal Lake. It's a cool place, but a little creepy. Turns out, Jason was there, and he came after a me and my friends with a machete and successfully killed some of them. His own mother supported him with the crimes!!! They never caught the dude and years later, I'm working in Manhattan, NYC, and low and behold, guess who shows up? Yep, Jason. He had made it up to Manhattan! This is a dangerous individual and true story folks, very true!

I hate to hear this for you. Man, u should tell your story and maybe they should make a movie (with 8 or 9 sequels) out of it. 

8 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Jason only kills the ones that have sex so, you should be fine!

This is a joke I hope BandanaMan appreciates. It's so testy on here now, I feel like I have to offer a disclaimer. 

16 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Jason only kills the ones that have sex so, you should be fine!

This is a joke I hope BandanaMan appreciates. It's so testy on here now, I feel like I have to offer a disclaimer. 

👍 well, I'm still alive and my friends died at that camp, so there's your answer where I fit in at camp

42 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If you think he was bad, wait til you meet his mother. She's a real live wire, to say the least lolol

While I do not apologize for the opinions I hold, nor would I ever, I should have expressed them in a manner that was not so ferocious and intense.  I allowed the conviction in my beliefs to override an even and respectful demeanor, and for that I am deeply regretful.  I sincerely apologize for how I have presented myself over the last couple of weeks.  I hope, but don’t expect, that the members here will forgive me and “hit the reset button” as it were.

The only thing I would ask: Please do not ever take opinions shared on this board and use them as ammunition to attempt to place someone’s employment in jeopardy.  With all due respect, that’s the pinnacle of cowardice, and it affects more lives than just the member you dislike.

Have a good evening, and be blessed, everyone.

• GMan locked this topic