Ridgeview vs Tazewell

Gridiron60

The Wolfpack travels to Tazewell this year! I’m giving the nod to Tazewell if O’Quinn is still out and Creasy is playing. Even if O’Quinn is playing, I still think Tazewell can win. I know one thing, Bulldog nation will pack out that stadium for the Dawgs! Home field is definitely an advantage for them! After the embarrassing loss last year to Ridgeview, I think that works in Bulldog’s favor. They’ll want sweet redemption! 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

The Wolfpack travels to Tazewell this year! I’m giving the nod to Tazewell if O’Quinn is still out and Creasy is playing. Even if O’Quinn is playing, I still think Tazewell can win. I know one thing, Bulldog nation will pack out that stadium for the Dawgs! Home field is definitely an advantage for them! After the embarrassing loss last year to Ridgeview, I think that works in Bulldog’s favor. They’ll want sweet redemption! 

I agree with you Gridiron. I favor Tazewell without O'Quinn. If O'Quinn plays, I think its 50-50. Calpreps has it 35-24 in favor of Tazewell.

17 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Has anyone warned Ridgeview they aren’t allowed to speak at the game? 

Don't worry they'll whine about the officiating the ENTIRE game. This includes coaches, managers, moms, dads, cousins, etc. The staff will spend more time crying about the officiating than they will making adjustments.

Just now, Wolf1207 said:

Fondled? So you’re saying I need to dress comfortably!

Lol, I forgot those rules.  Can’t take nothing in but a blanket right lol. Yea, man this will be a tough one with so many injured, but if O’Quinn can play he’s gonna be there. Having to watch the GC game on the phone while going to the ER killed him. He’s gonna bring an extra edge to Tazewell. 

7 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Don't worry they'll whine about the officiating the ENTIRE game. This includes coaches, managers, moms, dads, cousins, etc. The staff will spend more time crying about the officiating than they will making adjustments.

There’s a funny post on FB from a guy in Clintwood proposing a class on football basics before letting anyone into games next season.  
I for one wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Some of our fans truly are an embarrassment. 

37 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

There’s a funny post on FB from a guy in Clintwood proposing a class on football basics before letting anyone into games next season.  
I for one wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Some of our fans truly are an embarrassment. 

Omg that’s amazing. 

I sound like a broken record, but the key for Tazewell is giving Creasy time to throw the ball.  If he is pressured, it causes problems.  Tazewell looks lost on offense without him.  The teams that had success against Tazewell, put him under tremendous pressure.   

17 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Do you have the link?

RV can game plan a win here but I’ve yet to see them out scheme an equal team.  RV wins IF: Honaker is healthy, Q’Quin is healthy and they scheme short to intermediate routes for their slot #10 and they decide that this is the week to use Scanlon as a Gronklike TE.  

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

RV can game plan a win here but I’ve yet to see them out scheme an equal team.  RV wins IF: Honaker is healthy, Q’Quin is healthy and they scheme short to intermediate routes for their slot #10 and they decide that this is the week to use Scanlon as a Gronklike TE.  

I don’t think RV has Honaker from what I heard he had a broken bone, as far as using Scanlon there coaching has really been bad all the last part of the season so I’m not sure they know how to make that adjustment.

I don’t know much about Ridgeview but if they have any type of run game they should still be able to score points as the Dawg’s run defense struggles. May be a back and forth game that comes down to the last drive. Believe it or not I’m pulling for Tazewell. Only because I know what they’ll have to face the following week. Hopefully their superintendent makes the trip to BSG to see how fun an atmosphere is when you’re actually allowed to make noise. 

31 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I don’t know much about Ridgeview but if they have any type of run game they should still be able to score points as the Dawg’s run defense struggles. May be a back and forth game that comes down to the last drive. Believe it or not I’m pulling for Tazewell. Only because I know what they’ll have to face the following week. Hopefully their superintendent makes the trip to BSG to see how fun an atmosphere is when you’re actually allowed to make noise. 

You know it's not just us. I heard the same announcement made over the PA when I walked into Mitchell last week. 

Thing is it's actually a VHSL rule albeit a stupid one.  We just have a superintendent that goes strictly by the rules. Technically all those schools that don't follow it could get in trouble. 

Like I said it's a ridiculous rule but I do wish it were equal for all. 

13 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

You know it's not just us. I heard the same announcement made over the PA when I walked into Mitchell last week. 

Thing is it's actually a VHSL rule albeit a stupid one.  We just have a superintendent that goes strictly by the rules. Technically all those schools that don't follow it could get in trouble. 

Like I said it's a ridiculous rule but I do wish it were equal for all. 

They announced no noise makers at Union too but no one could hear it from all the noise makers