Richlands vs Graham?

Richlands Gang

What is Graham supposed to do? bow down? take a knee?

It's one thing to do it at your own homeplace to try and intimidate your opponent, but when you come in to someone else's house running your mouth to the home team, their fans, their band, their cheerleaders, all on the home side of the field being disrespectful, is taking it to far, and I don't remember which player it was last year, another U fan may remember the graham player the flipped us off when someone hollered at them to quit being disrespectful

Can we get back to the game at hand, or are we all more concerned about the pre-game?

I think it could go either way.  Graham has enough talent to beat Richlands.  Richlands has the coaching edge and they have "been there" and "done that".  This Graham team is hungry and I think they will play hard for 4 quarters this time around, regardless of the outcome.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully one of the two will represent Tazewell Co. well in the next 2 rounds.  Should be a great one.

Also, so much for Graham huddling at the R pregame and barking "come get some" at our players. Much like Tazewell, if you're gonna talk it, you best bring it.

Remembered this post by Ryan from last year.

While it's their prerogative to behave this way before the game, I fail to see the benefit to Graham. I've heard numerous Richlands players mention how fired up they get when Graham starts this stuff. I consider it a gift ... kind of a pre-game pep talk..

Pre game "taunting" happens at every level. It fires both teams up and gives them a little more energy. For some teams it's a pre game ritual. I don't believe it's any harm or disrespect. As long as no one is fighting I don't have a problem. And for the richlands blow up helmet, I like it, I don't believe it shows any disrespect. Just simply what richlands does. Every team has different tactics of firing each other up. Brings more energy to the game

Back to the game, Graham's pass defense was taken advantage of in the first half against Martinsville. After the Richlands game I thought they had improved quite a bit on in that department. Both teams have improved since their regular season meeting. Graham will have to play more disciplined football, limiting turnovers and penalties to come out with the win.

This is two roads intersecting --one is the culture of today, the smack talk, the brashness,  against the tradition of letting your talk be the plays you make on the field.  I agree with futbolking, it's  time to get back to the game. 

I don't want this to be my mental image of who the Gmen are, but refocus on what they have achieved since the Gate City playoff two years ago.  They have made great strides on the field, rebuilding their program,  and are ready to play another week as my Blues opponent. 

GO BLUES

LET'S FINISH

Two things loom big for me in this. One is Howie's health. If he can't contribute in a big way, it's a big swing Graham's way. The other is the development of some of Graham's players, i.e. Reed, since the last contest. Should be a good one.

To quote the most obvious maxim in football, "this game will be won in the trenches." I believe more than Howie's health and Reed's development, I think both lines'ability defensively to get to Meade, Cousin, and Reed before they get going or John Luke and Co. (Or offensively preventing the above) makes the difference. I am going with Richlands in a tight one 35-31. Graham will be looking for the usual suspects after last game (Howie, Lowe, Ball, Collins, and Booker), but I have a feeling the play of developing White, Horn, and Brown will have an effect on the outcome. (The above could completely be influenced by wishful thinking or hometown bias.)

People are upset over a little trash talk? Have you people never played football? Isnt that part of it? Trash talk is weak. Fist fighting during a 7 on 7 is where its at. Lol for all my Richlands brothers.

Harrisonburg 2012 comes to mind...lol

Richlands has found a little bit of a running game. They have different guys carry it, but they all do a different job. It's worked the last few weeks. And Glenvar had a good run defense and we got almost 200 yards on the ground.

Good. I figured Mance wouldn't let that happen again. This will be a tough game to call....I really want to pick Richlands, for a plethora of reasons....playing AT Graham worries me a little bit. Does Graham have turf or grass?

Good. I figured Mance wouldn't let that happen again. This will be a tough game to call....I really want to pick Richlands, for a plethora of reasons....playing AT Graham worries me a little bit. Does Graham have turf or grass?

...they have turf but its in bad shape lots of holes in it.

I was fortunate enough to watch the first game between these 2 during Giles' bye week and I told a buddy of mine after the game that I hope these 2 meet up again in the post season. With Giles being out, ill definitely be at this game! I'm taking Graham by a td, but pulling for the Blues! Richlands will have a lot of Giles fans cheering them on at Mitchell!

Very much looking forward to this game.  As a Richlands fan, I want to pick my Blues but truly this game is too close to call in my opinion.  Either way, I know this is going to be a great game with an awesome atmosphere.

Just for the sake of picking a winner.  I will say Richlands 38-34

Who does the winner of this game play next?

Depends on the outcome of the games in the East, but Stuarts Draft(If Appomattox beats Union)...  If Union beats Appomattox, the winner of this game will be at home next week against most likely Goochland.

The other two potential opponents could be Clarke County or East Rockingham.

I made the trip up for the first meeting this year.  Guess I will be there for round 2 as well.  I was going to watch Hurley this week if they had won, but they didn't.  I am taking Friday off.  May go see Mercer Mall for awhile Friday, since I haven't been there in years, and assure myself of getting there by 5:30 at the latest.